Discover Child Foundation's Impact and Mission
Building a Brighter Future
Licenses & Awards
To support underprivileged children to succeed in education and achieve safe, healthy, and fulfilling lives.
As a nonprofit organization at the forefront of children’s welfare, Child Foundation’s policy is to uphold the highest legal, ethical, and moral standards. Our donors and volunteers support Child Foundation because they trust us to be good stewards of their resources and to uphold rigorous standards of conduct. Our reputation for integrity and excellence requires the careful observance of all applicable laws and regulations, as well as a scrupulous regard for the highest standards of conduct and personal integrity.
Child Foundation will comply with all applicable laws and regulations and expects its directors, officers, and workforce to conduct business in accordance with both the letter and the spirit of all relevant laws; to refrain from any illegal, dishonest, or unethical conduct; to act in a professional, businesslike manner at all times; and to treat others with respect and integrity.
In general, the use of good judgment based on high ethical principles will guide directors, officers, and employees with respect to lines of acceptable conduct. However, if a situation arises where it is difficult to determine the proper course of conduct, or where questions arise concerning the propriety of certain conduct by an individual or others, the matter should be brought to the attention of Child Foundation’s Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer or Child Foundation management.
- Having respect for the communities we work with and serve, including the children we serve
- Maintaining integrity in our actions and processes.
- Taking accountability for our decisions and their consequences.
- Maintaining transparency in our operations and governance.
- Keeping a commitment to acting honestly, truthfully, with due diligence, and with integrity in all our transactions and dealings.
- Avoid conflicts of interest in meeting our mission and serving our communities and children.
- Treating every individual in our workforce, programs, and communities with fairness, dignity, and respect.
- Being a good corporate citizen and complying with both the spirit and the letter of the law.
- Acting for the benefit of the communities that we serve at all times.